Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Is it Fall already???

The leaves are starting to change here in NC and I am so excited! Fall is my favorite time of year. The colors are so beautiful and the crisp air is so refreshing. This is our first fall in NC so I am hoping it is a good one. With that said, let's get move onto the fall crafting world!

 

What's hot in my craft room:

I have been working on fall and Halloween cards. scrapbook pages and sewing. My favorite so far is my fall (coffee) table runner. This was such an easy project. It took me a long afternoon to complete. 
Front
 
Back
 
I followed this video from The Missouri Star Quilt Company to make this. Jenny did the video as a scrap buster but I wanted mine with new fall fat quarters I had purchased at ACMoore for $1 each!! Can you believe that? If you have an ACMoore near you they have seasonal FQ's usually in a spinning display for $1 all of the time. If you get a 20% off total purchase or $5 off $20 or more then you are REALLY in for it!! That's about $.75 per FQ- who ever heard of such a thing???
 
Geez, sales get me so excited! As I was saying about the video... Jenny made hers much wider than I did. The idea is the same so you can make it any size you want. Starting in the center cut a block to whatever size you choose.  Cut your strips and apply in order, just like a log cabin. After I pieced the top of course I thought how easy it would have been to do this as a "quilt as you go" project! Oh well, next time!
 
Apply your binding and you're done!
 
I really love Missouri Star Quilt Company. I have ordered many items from their shop and the tutorials are wonderful. If you aren't subscribed to the videos you should and if you don't get their daily emails you should! The always have a great " Deal of the Day" and I have picked up many charm packs for only $2.99.  Ok, enough of the plugs! :)
 
 
On to the next craft....
 
 
And of course  my shameless plug to my Etsy Shop  and my Facebook page! Be sure to "Like" my FB page to keep up on new projects and on giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment