Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tag Blankets: What's the big deal???

 
 
You've probably seen them but if not, you will now. Tag Blankets. What are they and why on Earth would a baby want of need one?
 
 
I have a photo of my niece when she was about 2 years old on a hot summer day. She was napping on a doll bed ( no, she didn't fit but she didn't care either!) and she was wrapped up in a big, heavy crocheted blanket. I remember sweating that day as I watched her bundled up in 90 degree weather! Wish I had a tag blanket then!
 
 
That's not the only purpose though. Babies love crocheted blankets because they love to put their fingers through holes. Well with plenty of tags you have plenty of holes! The best part? It doesn't take nearly as long to make as crocheting does!
 
 
Basically a tag blanket is a two for one special: small blanket for security but very portable and perfect entertainment for baby.
 
Best part for the crafter? Supplies are very minimal ( I only use scraps for mine!) and time consuming? Only if 20-30 is consuming for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment